Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

magtuto
Helper I
Helper I

Count All Rows No Blank

Hello All,

I thought this would be simple to do.  Im just finding it difficult to create a measure that counts the number of rows, ignoring all blank rows.  I thought that the 'ALLBLANKROW' function would be ideal.  Its not nworking for me.

Basically, I have the following column in the table that I want to count and it cointained one blank.  I dont want to count this blank so when I do a count I want 3.  Whats is the best way to to this?

Last Login |

23/09/16   |

22/09/16   |

|

21/09/16   |

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@magtuto Have you tried =COUNTA('table'[column])? Counts the values, not blank in my quick test.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kousar99
Helper I
Helper I

@magtuto  Hi

could please tell how you created measure for the same

@magtuto Have you tried =COUNTA('table'[column])? Counts the values, not blank in my quick test.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Eno Apologies.

The COUNTA measure does eliminate blanks.  

Eno1978

Actually I did end up just creating a measure basically that performed COUNTA - COUNTBLANK calculations.

Works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors