Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magtuto
Helper I
Helper I

Count All Rows No Blank

Hello All,

I thought this would be simple to do.  Im just finding it difficult to create a measure that counts the number of rows, ignoring all blank rows.  I thought that the 'ALLBLANKROW' function would be ideal.  Its not nworking for me.

Basically, I have the following column in the table that I want to count and it cointained one blank.  I dont want to count this blank so when I do a count I want 3.  Whats is the best way to to this?

Last Login |

23/09/16   |

22/09/16   |

|

21/09/16   |

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@magtuto Have you tried =COUNTA('table'[column])? Counts the values, not blank in my quick test.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kousar99
Helper I
Helper I

@magtuto  Hi

could please tell how you created measure for the same

@magtuto Have you tried =COUNTA('table'[column])? Counts the values, not blank in my quick test.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Eno Apologies.

The COUNTA measure does eliminate blanks.  

Eno1978

Actually I did end up just creating a measure basically that performed COUNTA - COUNTBLANK calculations.

Works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors