Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Count 13 Columns

HI All , I have W1 W2 until W13 , 

and i wanna Count W1 until W13 , 

it is like we count the Column, In Column 

as example below :

Customer Name BRAK KIMSY , Total Count : 4 

Customer Name PTEAS MAE RESTAURANT , Total Count 2 

Do you have any idea how to settle this ? I have explored for 4 hours , and no result. 

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In theory, your code is correct. Is a measure or a calculated column?

Ok, the problem is custumer name has several rows, is that possible? Do you want a new table just a custumber name and count?

In the lookupvalue code, you need to add as many search  column name as columns you have:

Total Count = 
var _UserName= CountColumns[Customer Name]
var _Flavour= CountColumns[Flavour]
return
IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W1];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W2];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W3];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W4];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W5];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W6];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ZunzunUOC
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Chanleakna123 , maybe there are better solutions (a loop would be great), but this works, is a calculated column:

Total Count = 
return
IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W1];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W2];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W3];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W4];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W5];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W6];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName)>0;1;0)

I have simplified with just 6 columns.

The result:

reply014.png

Best Regards,
Miguel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @ZunzunUOC 

there was a message pop up as per below. 

can you help me to acheive this ? 

this is my first try with 2 week only , and the message turn out as per below

1.PNG

In theory, your code is correct. Is a measure or a calculated column?

Ok, the problem is custumer name has several rows, is that possible? Do you want a new table just a custumber name and count?

In the lookupvalue code, you need to add as many search  column name as columns you have:

Total Count = 
var _Flavour= CountColumns[Flavour]
return
IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W1];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W2];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W3];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W4];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W5];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)+IF(LOOKUPVALUE(CountColumns[W6];CountColumns[Customer Name];_UserName;CountColumns[Flavour];_Flavour)>0;1;0)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.