cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator GuyInACube

Re: Couldn't load the model schema - Error with latest PBIDesktop live connection SSAS Multidimensio

Did you verify that you are selecting the model and not the database when you connect to it? That is the only way I'm able to reproduce the issue. 

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube
NeeleshRaheja Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Couldn't load the model schema - Error with latest PBIDesktop live connection SSAS Multidimensio

We have selected the cube and not just the database. To ensure its not a usability error, we can connect to a sample adventure works cube on the same server but not the production cube on the same server.

Microsoft Support team is trying to reproduce this issue in their environment with the production cube. Will keep you posted once I know more.

Moderator GuyInACube

Can you look at a Profiler Trace? If there is an error, what is it? You would need to include exceptions within the trace.

krepko7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Here is a link to the trace file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArGIro1WHXFUpkkWeEbTobZFDCRn

The main error I see is "XML for Analysis parser: The restriction value provided by the consumer either does not match other restrictions or refers to an unknown object."

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Kirby

Sergio Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Same situation with our Production Server when I try to connect with Live Connection sometimes works others not.

The last event we have in profiler trace is: Internal error: unexpected exception

Regards

Moderator GuyInACube

@krepko7 What version of SSAS are you on? items i could find for that error suggested a version mismatch. Is it SQL Server 2012 SP1 or later?

krepko7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Adam,

The client is using version 12.0.4100.1 (2014 SP1) and Power BI desktop is the latest as of yesterday, 2.36.4434.381.  Thanks again for your valuable help. 

Kirby

krepko7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Adam,

I asked the client to load AdventureWorks DW 2014 into their 2014 SSAS MD model and they were able to use that as a connect live data source.  This seems to eliminate the verision mismatch being a problem.  

Thanks and good luck with your move.

Highlighted
aineslider Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

krepko7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the post.  Unfortunately this issue occurs when connecting from Power BI Desktop live to SSAS not in the Power BI Service where you have the option to map user names in the data source user options.