Frequent Visitor

Re: Couldn't load the model schema - Error with latest PBIDesktop live connection SSAS Multidimensio

Hi Datguy

Have you tried my approach?

Especially look for mismatches in the AttributeHierarchyEnabled propertie between cube- and database-dimensions attributes.

Best regards

Simon

Re: Couldn't load the model schema - Error with latest PBIDesktop live connection SSAS Multidimensio

Yes I started with your approach - thanks for the pointer on AttributeHierarchyEnabled.   I will go through all of those next.

Highlighted

Many thanks for this solution!  It was the AttributeHierarchy mismatch on a bunch of range dimensions.   You made my week Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Hi @NeeleshRaheja

Is there any update on this please?

I have the same issue, the Gateway connects fine and user also mapped correctly but report shows error:

Gateway.jpgError.jpg

Many thanks,

Tanim

Is it possible that you have more than one data source for the dataset?  If so make sure it is also defined in the gateway.  This has happened to me more than once.

Frequent Visitor

Hey @dataguy

Thank you so much for the quick reply, it's a live connection. I'm very frustrated with this now, any help of guidance is much appreciated.

Gateway connects perfectly but for some reason the cube wouldn't load into the report. I'm also the admin of the SSAS server.

Many thanks,

Tanim

Now I remember the route cause of the error you are seeing. I had to make sure that any dimension attributes that had AttributeHierarchyVisible set to False to also marek sure that the AttributeHierarchyEnabled property was also set to False.  This took me some time.  I remember we had some hidden sort attributes that where both weren't set to false.  See if you have any dimension attriubutes that are in this state.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi @dataguy

Thanks a lot again, I just disabled the AttributeHierarchyEnabled to false and couldn't deploy the project due to errors:

error.png

Can you please confirm? Really appreciate the help! I have a sample tiny cube to test the proof of concept before processing the entire data warehouse.

Kind regards,

Tanim

So make sure that you are only set AttributeHierarchyEnabled to false if AttributeHierarchyVisible is set to False.

Frequent Visitor

@dataguy Thanks a lot again, I have made one simple dimension with no atributes and both options set to false, yet the error doesn't go away. Aplogies if I have missed something too obvious.

Untitled.png