Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lakshmi9228
Helper III
Helper III

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Capture.PNG

Power BI is too slow and it is taking long time to add a column also.

Please someone let me know wherer the issue is from

Thanks,

Lakshmi

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

401 is the "Unauthorized" HTML code. Are you using row-level security with this dataset?

Yes, SO is that a problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is if you don't belong to a Role. Make sure you're in a role by visiting the security options in the uploaded dataset.

image.png

I am sorry, I couldn't understand you.
I want to create a security role.
Now, I deleted the role and it is working fine.
But I need to add a security role to complete my task.
Please let me know how can I do that which will be much helpful for me.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need to create the role and assign people to that role. Those people will have the DAX expression you defined in Power BI Desktop applied to their data, filtering it down based on your RLS DAX expressions.

Example:

1. In Power BI Desktop, create the "US Sales" role. You'll probably set a statement that looks something like: [Country] = "United States".

2. Upload to the Power BI Service

3. Using the Security options on the dataset, assign your US salespersons to that role. They'll now only see US data.

Anyone who doesn't have a role assigned at that point will get 401s.

Here's the documentation with a step-by-step:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

So, This is what I am doing.
I am using a security level for a table in power BI.
Will it works.?

What I am doing is, a data from a particular table should be seen by only few people.
So, I am using the table in Row level security.

The rest all the persons should see the other reports which came from the other tables which are joined.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

I am using a security level for a table in power BI.
Will it works.?-----Yes Lakshmi this would work and is supported but the solution needs to done right.

When I apply Row level filters, none of the teammates can see the visuals.
When I delete the rew levvel filters, all the members can see the data.

I want to restrict a column from a tabel to be seen by everyone, how can I do that?

Create a group for the row you're restricting your members on, based on the table then assign these users to the row you have created. Example in Power BI desktop under the Modeling Tab---> click on Manage Roles and add the row level security and the members here. Note once you have define the rows you can test these roles by click View as Role tosee what each member or group would see once in that role. 
If you intent is to use a security bridge table to manage the row level security then follow the instructs from Paul in the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpinnvFTdVU

Thanks,

Conarl_On_BI

Create a group for the row you're restricting your members on, based on the table then assign these users to the row you have created. Example in Power BI desktop under the Modeling Tab---> click on Manage Roles and add the row level security and the members here. Note once you have define the rows you can test these roles by click View as Role tosee what each member or group would see once in that role. 

Thanks,

Conarl_On_BI

I have done that previously.
When I do that, none of the can see the visuals.

They are getting some error like the below picture.Capture.PNG

When I delete the row level security filter, they can see that.
Is there any other way to restrict a column.
For example, a table has all the details of a customer, few managers shouldnt see the email address column of a table.
Is there a way to restrict the data like that.
Please let me know

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Again yes this can be done. You can explore a DAX to get this working. Please watch Paul video he provides an approach to getting this working. 

So, I want to make a total column restricted for some users, How do I make it?

Please let me know

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.