Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Hi,

I have created a table visual with the Month & Year and Headcount  and a line graph with the same, I have also adde a Fiscal Year slicer  (FY period being Apr - Mar).

When I select FY23 the visulas load fine but when I select FY21 or FY22 the visuals come up with the Couldn't load the data for this visual with the following error message:

The query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan. This is a rare event and only expected for extremely complex queries or queries that reference a very large number of tables or partitions. Please simplify the query. If you believe you have received this message in error, contact Customer Support Services for more information.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @GJ217 ,

my assumption is that you are using a measure with your visuals that is responsible for retrieving too much data.

Check if the data can be loaded when you remove measures one by one, to identify the measure(s) that is/are responsible.

Consider to post the measure code when identified. Even better create a pbix that contains sample data, but still reflects your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures). Upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method, share the xlsx as well.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi All,

I managed to resolve this by myself in the end. It transpired that the following DAX measures that I used did not include FILTER;

Hadcount2 = CALCULATE(DISTNCTCOUNT(Person[PersonNumber]), Person[HireDate] <=(Dates[Date])

&&(Person[TerminationDate] >= MAX(Dates[Date] || ISBLANK(Person[TerminationDate]))

and I replaced it with the following measure which now loads my visuals;

Headcount1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Person'),

FILTER(VALUES(Person[HireDate]), Person[HireDate]), Person[HireDate] <=MAX(Dates[Date])),

FILTER(VALUES(Person[TerminationDate]), OR(Person[TerminationDate] >=MAX(Dates[Dates], ISBLANK(pERSON[tERMINATIONdATE]))))

Thank you to those who responded.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi All,

I managed to resolve this by myself in the end. It transpired that the following DAX measures that I used did not include FILTER;

Hadcount2 = CALCULATE(DISTNCTCOUNT(Person[PersonNumber]), Person[HireDate] <=(Dates[Date])

&&(Person[TerminationDate] >= MAX(Dates[Date] || ISBLANK(Person[TerminationDate]))

and I replaced it with the following measure which now loads my visuals;

Headcount1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Person'),

FILTER(VALUES(Person[HireDate]), Person[HireDate]), Person[HireDate] <=MAX(Dates[Date])),

FILTER(VALUES(Person[TerminationDate]), OR(Person[TerminationDate] >=MAX(Dates[Dates], ISBLANK(pERSON[tERMINATIONdATE]))))

Thank you to those who responded.

m3tr01d
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

helloe @GJ217 

1) Are you using Direct Query inside your data model?
2) Are you using the 32bit version of Power BI?
3) How many RAM do you have on your computer?

Thanks

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @GJ217 ,

my assumption is that you are using a measure with your visuals that is responsible for retrieving too much data.

Check if the data can be loaded when you remove measures one by one, to identify the measure(s) that is/are responsible.

Consider to post the measure code when identified. Even better create a pbix that contains sample data, but still reflects your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures). Upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method, share the xlsx as well.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Try there training videos

Video 1 

Video 2 

Thanks for reaching out for help.

I have helped you, now please help me by giving kudos.

Remeber we are unpaid volunteers.

Click the thumbs up and accept as solution button. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volnteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.