Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't load Model

My user gets this error when I share a dashboard with them.  The are part of the organization and hold a Pro license as well.

Below is the error that is being popped up:

Mahesh_Gupta_0-1619512473010.jpeg

any help on this would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mahesh

12 REPLIES 12
HarishKM
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous Hey mate ,
i believe you are using any sort VPN (cisco any connect or citrix )  to login n work on power bi over your physical machine . Kindly login the VPN and update your credential in power bi . You are able to load the data and check Do you have have access of that dataset or not ?. if not then contact your IT Team for access .

HarishKM_0-1620295463745.png

just beacuse of that it is taking this much of time to connect to the server .

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Are you sharing the pbix file or sharing on service?

You need to check few things in the case of pbix file

1. Make sure the user is the same or higher version on power bi

2. does the user have access to the database/source using his machine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, I'm sharing it on PBI service. The user doesn't have the PBIX file. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  you will have to provide access which should be done from datasource...and also if you have set any rules like RLS in your pbix make sure you provide access in RLS level...
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Regards,

Husna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Due to data restriction, I cannot share the data source with anyone and there's no RLS setup on the report. This is happening with a single user only, other who access the report do face any situation like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

You do not have to share datasource...However please check if  the user has access to that datasource...

Regards,

Husna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, the user does have acces to the datasource.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
Another  reason why you are getting that error might be because you sent a dashboard with "Pro" content to someone who does not have a "Pro" license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Regards,

Husna

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous he does have the pro licence. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Whether the user's network environment is normal, such as whether proxy software is running, etc.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-lionel-msft , We do not have any proxy environment set. is there was anything to be used, the company has a VPN network setup to use. In this case, the user tried accessing the report with and without VPN and the situation is same.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Solved: cannot load model - Microsoft Power BI Community

Try to refer to this link.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.