Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phuongui
Frequent Visitor

Could not apply filter outside in column cumulative total.

Hi,

I have a problem with cumulative total. When I create new calculate column to solve cumulative total (or distinct count) and make a chart timeline with that cumulative total. But when I filter another feature, the value of cumulative didn't change according with filer.

Please help me, thanks.

Column = CALCULATE(
	DISTINCTCOUNT(Demo[name]), ALLSELECTED(Demo),
	Demo[ts] <= EARLIER(Demo[ts]) && Demo[ts] >= EARLIER(Demo[2daybefore]))

In this piece of code, I want to count distinct "name" in Demo table within 2 days window. 

Cumulative Distinct Count (Column)Cumulative Distinct Count (Column)Filter by name = "trang" but value of "Column" did not changeFilter by name = "trang" but value of "Column" did not change

In my expect, when I filter name = "trang" then the table has one row so the value of Column (cumulative distinct count) is 1 not 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phuongui,

Not like measures, calculate columns/tables are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report. So it is not possible to create a calculate column/table can change dynamically with user selections on the report.

Could you try using the formula below to create a new measure to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Measure =
VAR var_currentTS =
    MAX ( Demo[ts] )
VAR var_2daybefore =
    MAX ( Demo[2daybefore] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        DISTINCTCOUNT ( Demo[name] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLSELECTED ( Demo ),
            Demo[ts] <= var_currentTS
                && Demo[ts] >= var_2daybefore
        )
    )

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phuongui,

Not like measures, calculate columns/tables are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report. So it is not possible to create a calculate column/table can change dynamically with user selections on the report.

Could you try using the formula below to create a new measure to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Measure =
VAR var_currentTS =
    MAX ( Demo[ts] )
VAR var_2daybefore =
    MAX ( Demo[2daybefore] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        DISTINCTCOUNT ( Demo[name] ),
        FILTER (
            ALLSELECTED ( Demo ),
            Demo[ts] <= var_currentTS
                && Demo[ts] >= var_2daybefore
        )
    )

Regards

Thank you, it work 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.