Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mehmet
Frequent Visitor

Cost Calculation Dependency

My Problem Dependency Problem

Problem seems big.

- I have a start cost&amount

- I convert it to initial cost&amount

- I have input cost&Amount from other table

- I add intial and input figures to find cumulative input

- From cumulative input and cost i calculate the unit cost during the consumption (A)

- i have a consumption amount from other table

- I use (A) * comsumtion amount in order to find "consumption cost"

- Then i calculate closing cost&amount from "cumulative input" minus "consumption cost"

- Then try to formulate the intial cost of the next month = previousmonth of consumption cost.....And say dependecy was detected

I need help

mehmet_1-1621043751512.png

mehmet_2-1621043793247.png

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
mehmet
Frequent Visitor

The excel file and Power Bi File is attached..

Opening amount can be calculated but opening cost not, (opening cost = closing cost of previous month which calculated from previous opening cost...

https://vftr5821059-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/mkcaglar_vftr5821059_onmicrosoft_com/EQJQKHXZR_...

The excel file

https://vftr5821059-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/mkcaglar_vftr5821059_onmicrosoft_com/EcVgOijX0w...

The post that you shared is not working because the opening cost depens previous month cloinng and consumption unit cost depends on open cost 

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mehmet ,

The main problem should be that the calculation of the current column (closing cost&amount) depends on the value of another column (open cost&amount). Refer to the solution below, which is similar to the situation you encountered.

Solved: DAX Closing and Opening Balances - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, can you provide a screenshot of the test data model and the expected results, I will answer you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.