Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

baatch
Helper I
Helper I

CosmosDB database with Mongodb api, CosmosDB connector supported?

Hello, I have a CosmosDB database with MongoDB api setup and trying to connect with Power BI CosmosDB connector.

The connection is successful but the data looks weird. Instead of my usual column names I have alot of $t $v columns.

For example:

{
    "$t": 3,
    "$v": {
      "_id": {
        "$t": 7,
        "$v": "40008"
      },
      "userId": {
        "$t": 5,
        "$v": "xyz"
      }

}

Can anyone from Microsoft tell me if this setup is supported?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @baatch,

Yes, it is supported.

And it seems llike you are getting a nested Json code. You need to parse it with Power Query. And it will be pretty complicated.

For more details about parse a nested Json code. Please refer to following link:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4621/using-power-bi-with-json-data-sources-and-files/ 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-figure-out-how-can-i-make-Multidimension-JSON-Nes...

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi @v-xjiin-msft,

Can we write query to filter data while fetching data from Cosmos DB with Mongo DB API?
We can do it while fetching from a normal Cosmos DB. But is it possible for Cosmos with Mongo API?

Kindly respond.

Prateek Raina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.