Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correlate data

I have employee number from Sharepoint list and Name and Employee number from a excel. How can I show a report with Name and number of tasks raised by each person by correlating both the data sources?

6 REPLIES 6
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Please supply sample data and expected output.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaenda wrote:

Please supply sample data and expected output.

I have employee number for example 12345 from Sharepoint online list and Employee name and Employee ID in another excel file (On same sheet, adjacent coloumn), Now I want to take out names correlating Employee number. Does it give clarity?

No. Please refer here.

Thank you

Based on my understanding from your explanation,

employee ID and employee number are the same?

if yes then create a relationship between two tables and use the employee number and put the employee name from your excel table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right Employee number and ID are same. But I doesnt know how to create relationship to show Employee Name in reporting

Below data from a excel sheet

Sl.NoGPN NoName
1TR101XXXX
2TR101YYY
3TR101ZZZZ
4TR101AAA
5TR101III
6TR101BBB
7TR101CCC
8TR101DDD

Below image from Sharepoint online list (Empoyee ID = GPN number)

Image from sharepoint list, where Employee ID (GPN number) alone availableImage from sharepoint list, where Employee ID (GPN number) alone available

How do i correlate these data to show names in reports?

from your given data, what is your expected result?

elaborate more because I do not see any connection between the two data you provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to take out names against GPN number.... I want to build a report on howmany task raised or completed by each employee with names and not with Number as it will be difficult to recognise names with numbers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.