Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cootje16
Frequent Visitor

Correct subtotal percentages

Hi there,

I have the following matrix with subtotals, totals and percentages:

PowerBITable.png

I made the following DAX formulas to calculate OU%:

OU% = OverigeUren% = Calculate(CONCATENATE(FIXED(DIVIDE([OverigeUren];[GrandTotal];0)*100;2;0);"%"))

OU = OverigeUren = CALCULATE(SUM(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]); FILTER(EMPLOYEE;EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]<>""))

GT = GrandTotal = [OverigeUren]+[ProjectUren]

As can be seen the total of OU%, which is 46,90%, is correct. However, the subtotals of OU% are alle 100%. How can I modify the DAX such that the subtotal percentages sum up to to 46,90% on the basis of the corresponding subtotals in the OU column?

So I want the subtotals of the OU column and OU% column to show:

OU:        OU%:

6.00       1,12

23,02     4,29

......         ......

251,52   46,90%

So the calculation then become 6/536,27=0,0112 * 100 = 1,12 etc.

UPDATE

Ok I now managed to do the following, which yields the desired result:

OverigeUren% = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(CALCULATE(sum(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]);FILTER(EMPLOYEE;EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]<>""));536,27)*100)

However, if I replace the 536,27 by sum(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]), I get the same result again as in the image above.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-huizhn-msft. Never mind. Got a solution Smiley Very Happy. The solution I am using is as follows:

OverigeUren% = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(CALCULATE(sum(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]);FILTER(EMPLOYEE;EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]<>""));CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]);EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]);ALLSELECTED(EMPLOYEE)))*100)

Thank you very much for your support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Cootje16,

Please create use the formula below and check if it works fine.

OverigeUren% =
VAR SS =
    SUM ( EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        DIVIDE (
            CALCULATE (
                SUM ( EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED] ),
                FILTER ( EMPLOYEE, EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID] <> "" )
            ),
            SS
        )
    )

If you still have issue, you'd better share your .pbix file for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks @v-huizhn-msft for your solution. However, your solution still yields the same result as the results in the picture I posted in my first post. You can download my PBIX file on the following link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BBbFm1g9mt8vRHGTvBSlTbggST6JFd_d/view?usp=sharing

Hi @v-huizhn-msft. Never mind. Got a solution Smiley Very Happy. The solution I am using is as follows:

OverigeUren% = CALCULATE(DIVIDE(CALCULATE(sum(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]);FILTER(EMPLOYEE;EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]<>""));CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES(EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.INDIRECT_ID]);EMPLOYEE[LABOR_TICKET.1.HOURS_WORKED]);ALLSELECTED(EMPLOYEE)))*100)

Thank you very much for your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.