Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Copying data from matrix visual

Hi all,

Imagine we have a matrix visual in our report, with a field in rows and several measures. I would like to copy that data and paste it somewhere else. I see there is an option to export the data to a csv file. By going to 'Show data', it is also possible to copy a single value or a row ('Copy selection'). I haven't been able though to copy directly the whole table (i.e. all the data in the matrix visual)

Is this possible at all? How?

Thanks very much.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlB,

I would suggest you vote up this idea.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Once you have published your report to the PowerBI service you will have more Excel as an export option and Summarized data is everything in the visual.  Is that what you are looking for?

export.jpg

Hi @jdbuchanan71

Thanks for your reply.  I'm actually talking about Power BI Desktop rather than the service.

Do you only need the data or also how you arranged it in matrix?

I had encountered a scenario with my collegues where the positions of exported data is different from the matrix. 

Since matrix is a visual, what we can only export is the data inside the matrix.

What we did is we saved the page, where the matrix is, in pdf then converted it to excel.

Take note that the matrix must show all data. You can adjust the page size.

Hi @AlB,

I would suggest you vote up this idea.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.