Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ayupchap
Helper III
Helper III

Copying a powered file and using different data sets?

Hi all

So I have created with much help from this forum what I think is an awesome powerBI file of great analytics.  I now want to replicate this file for other datasets (I work in a school and created the analytics for a single grade now want to do the same for the others).  To speed this process up is there a way I can copy the file and then somehow just change the data sets easily?  This way I dont have to create the powerBI's all other again.  This would be super helpful

Regards

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ayupchap,

Yes, you can either use Change Source option within Data source settings to change the datasets.

ds1.PNG

cds.PNG

Or you can go to Advance Editor within Query Editor to rewrite the query to change the datasets.

ae.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ayupchap,

Yes, you can either use Change Source option within Data source settings to change the datasets.

ds1.PNG

cds.PNG

Or you can go to Advance Editor within Query Editor to rewrite the query to change the datasets.

ae.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.