Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ap
Advocate I
Advocate I

Copying a data table? I see the copy function when I right click on a table but how do I paste this?

I am looking to copy a data table but can't seem to find out where and how I can paste this?

I've created a datedimension table but would like to repurpose it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does anyone know definitively whether this is possible?

If it isn't possible to paste a table, then what is the point of the "Copy Table" menu item?  Is this a feature that was accidentally left  unfinished?

UPDATE:  Ok, the purpose of that is so you can paste into an external app like Excel.

The only way to reuse a DAX based table, and preserve post creation configuration like setting of sort columns, formats, etc is to use the PBIX file as a starting point for all new projects.  If you've started without doing that, you can create a new table in the destination and paste in the DAX, but you'll have to redo those customization tasks.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.