Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying a Visual for Pasting

I have a column chart visual on one of my report pages.  The chart is wide and it's difficult to avoid this as it is charting data in a large number of discrete categories.  As a result PBI has invoked a horizontal scroll bar.  This isn't an issue in of itself.

I would like the users to be able to copy and paste the chart from PBI and, for example, paste it in to MS-Word.  As far as I can tell this seems to be impossible other than screen-shotting the screen.  Of course, this is an issue if all of the chart isn't visible at the same time.

So, two questions.

1-Is it really the case that visuals can't be copied and pasted in to other applications?

2-If I have a wide chart, how can I get the whole chart, albeit with very small x-axis category labels visible at the same time?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. If you want to copy the whole report, you can publish it to service and export it to PowerPoint. However, if you just want to copy single visual to other applications, I'm afraid it could not supported currently. You cam refer the simliar case that could help you:
  2. To get the whole chart, maybe you can adjust the size of the visual and set its x-axis properties under X-Axis menu:X axis.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. If you want to copy the whole report, you can publish it to service and export it to PowerPoint. However, if you just want to copy single visual to other applications, I'm afraid it could not supported currently. You cam refer the simliar case that could help you:
  2. To get the whole chart, maybe you can adjust the size of the visual and set its x-axis properties under X-Axis menu:X axis.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You need to publish to Power BI service from there you can download chart, ppt etc.

Refer: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/power_bi/power_bi_sharing_dashboards.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this I'll take a look.  Just to be clear, I am asking about being able to copy and paste a specific visual from the report not the entire report.  Does your suggestion apply to this case too?

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.