Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying Applied Steps in Power BI

Im still new, but I was wondering to apply certain steps from one documents.  And I was hoping to coppy the applied steps from 1 pbix file. And simply paste it in a new one. (same excel document but new report for that week thats rolled out from our environment) 

Or would you simply suggest that I simply overwrite the document evrytime? And refresh the data? Because the Copying function doesn't work yet?

Thanks in advanced Smiley Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can go to advanced editor and copy the applied steps.  Then paste it to the advanced editor of your new report

Untitled1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous , Both ways are okay. Whichever you are comfortable working with. Copying the applied steps from 1pbix to another pbix of the same document, and/or overwriting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @mussaenda thank you for your fast response. Sorry I may not have been to clear regarding my question. But as show in the screenshot below:

Capture.PNGWhen trying to coppy applied steps, first; 

- you find out that there is no option for copying

Second,

- You can't select multiple steps (with shift)

Any clue maybe?

Or should I suggest this as a new feature?

You can go to advanced editor and copy the applied steps.  Then paste it to the advanced editor of your new report

Untitled1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.