Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy report page from .PBIX to another .PBIX

This topic has already been discussed (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Copy-a-Report-Page-from-pbix-to-another/td-p/25877), but I have a different version of the question:

I have 2 different .PBIX files. They both use the SAME datasource.  One is the Master copy, and one is a development copy that another team member was using to create some new reports.  I need to bring the new reports into the Master.  

Is this functionality avaiable, or do I have to recreate the reports in the Master from scratch?

Note that this is basic copy/paste funtionality in Tableau, it would be nice to see the same in Power BI.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If they have the same data source you can

Add a blank page in your target .pbix

Go to your source .pbix and with nothing selected on the report page hit CTRL + A (select all).  Then CTRL + C (copy).

Go to your target report and on blake page CTRL+V

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

I assume you mean to copy all the visuals from one report to another, in that case you could just do Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as long as all the column names are the same.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ugurdemir
Advocate I
Advocate I

And also if you do CTRL-C CTRL-V visual order does not be the same as the source. And both the size and position of visuals can differ from origin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

I assume you mean to copy all the visuals from one report to another, in that case you could just do Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as long as all the column names are the same.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If they have the same data source you can

Add a blank page in your target .pbix

Go to your source .pbix and with nothing selected on the report page hit CTRL + A (select all).  Then CTRL + C (copy).

Go to your target report and on blake page CTRL+V

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has worked well for me in the past, but in some recent strange cases it seems I need to add a random visualization to the blank page before pasting...

THANK YOU 😅

Thank you very much tah, I have always done the Ctrl + A,   Ctrl + C   Ctrl + V from one report to the next, today, for the first time ever, it wouldn't work.   Your trick solved it!!    Thank you from Costa Rica!!

@jdbuchanan71 while Ctrl A + Ctrl C copies all visuals and slicers across, it does not transfer filters applied on a page level. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this copies only the Visuals, and not the filters, so this is not a full solution. I hope that PowerBI will soon be equipped with such a basic function as copying pages from one file to another.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that CTRL-A (select all), CTRL-C (copy) and then CTRL-V (paste to new pbix) brings over both the visuals and the slicers (filters), just as jdbuchanan71 noted above.

I wonder what version of Power BI you are using, if its not bringing over the slicers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately CTRL+A +C and then +V only copies the visuals... so like you said also the Slicers.

But it does not copy the (hidden) Page filters.

It also does not copy any Quick Measures you may have defined and used in the visuals in the source report.

Currently, you need to recreate/reapply all these manually in the destination report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the quick reply.  I did a search in these forums and was not able to find this solution. 

I am a long-time Tableau user but new to Power BI.  Your suggested solution worked exactly as described.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.