Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power_BI_user

Copy file from new version to old version , doesn't open

I worked on a pbix file on my desktop that has most recent version of Power BI. When I copied this to another desktop and open it, this is what I see:

this is what I see:Untitled.png

I tried to upate to newer version of power BI, but installation doesn't complete. Though no power bi files are open, it says

close power bi desktop to continue installation.

Earlier I was able to install updates and then use the newer version file. But this time installation wont complete

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Power_BI_user wrote:

I worked on a pbix file on my desktop that has most recent version of Power BI. When I copied this to another desktop and open it, this is what I see:

this is what I see:

I tried to upate to newer version of power BI, but installation doesn't complete. Though no power bi files are open, it says

close power bi desktop to continue installation.

Earlier I was able to install updates and then use the newer version file. But this time installation wont complete

Is there any other user that connecting to that server and leave a Power BI desktop open? You can try to restart that server and the installation shall go with no problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.