Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy conditional format from table to chart

Dear Friends,

Appreciate advice on the below

I have created a score cluster column chart by copying the visual from the score table.

There are conditional formatting in the score table that change the background Color to Green for pass, yellow for 40-50 and pink for less than 40 values.

Seeking advice on how to duplicate the table chart Color format to the Clusterd Chart Bar (will show Green, Yellow or Pink)

Thank you very much.

yhlworkacc_0-1635493006678.png

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As mentioned by @amitchandak , conditional formatting is not applicable to cluster bar chart with a legend field or multiple value fields. So you may need to unpivot you table columns first.
Please check the sample file I attached for more details.

146.png

For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As mentioned by @amitchandak , conditional formatting is not applicable to cluster bar chart with a legend field or multiple value fields. So you may need to unpivot you table columns first.
Please check the sample file I attached for more details.

146.png

For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for provinding the file. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sir, I will try out what you have proposed. 

Much appreciated for your time and help.

Best Regards,

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , when you use more than one measure or legend, conditional formatting is not supported.

If this a legend you can try two axis -> concatenate label off and -> sort on axis and then you can do conditional formatting

I have shown that in power bi part here

Bar/Clustered Bar: https://youtu.be/2P5BBRN853c

Measure based conditional formattng

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?: https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.