Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy and paste text boxes

I have formatted a text box to meet the design format of my report. I now want to copy and paste this text box to use in mulitple location within this report. The usual Ctrl-C (copy) and the Ctrl-V (paste) was working as you expect. Since the latest Power BI update, when you use Ctrl-C it adds a cursor to the text box rather than copy the text box. Is there an additional short cut that can be used to get round this issue? Ctrl-C (copy) still works for visulisations, buttons, shapes, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V should still work fine, you just have to select the text box in a very specific way. I find pressing around the side and corner of the text box works the best when selecting it this way.

But to make it easier, select the textbox and in the visualizations pane just turn any option on/off and then press ctrl-c and it should copy the text box

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V should still work fine, you just have to select the text box in a very specific way. I find pressing around the side and corner of the text box works the best when selecting it this way.

But to make it easier, select the textbox and in the visualizations pane just turn any option on/off and then press ctrl-c and it should copy the text box

This solution occasionally exhibits inconsistencies in its performance, which leads me to suspect it may be a bug. The process of copying and pasting a text box should ideally be straightforward and not unduly challenging. I am hopeful that Microsoft will consider addressing this matter in due course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad this post was available.  This nuance drove me absolute bonkers.  So crazy for the UI on a common task to work in a non conventional way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. Very aware of selecting the text box in a specific way, one of the worst funcationality issues within Power BI. Yet I still get the same issue where I hadn't before.

Your second suggestion is a great work around and solves my issue. Hopefully a future Power BI update will resolve this issue.

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks as though this issue has now been resolved, Ctrl C and V now work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.