Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy and paste, move visuals between dashbooard pages

Hidear supporters,

How is it possible to move, copy and paste visuals other than native PBI visuals from one page/report to the others?

I am talking about Chiclet, Tachometer, advanced and cards with states.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous 

When selecting the visual, if you see the hand pointer, you are clicking on the interaction area of the visual and then the copy and paste will not work.  You need to see the arrow pointer when selecting the visual, this means you are selecting the visual object.  Try moving your mouse closer to the edge of the visual or, selecting it through the selection pane.

SelectingVisual.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can copy+paste visuals and custom visual form one report to the other however if you copy paste  a custom visual between reports you need to have the custom report installed in both reports.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFelix  Thanks,

Actually I tried already before but it didn't work for me! Even I couldn't copy, paste the visual (let's say Tachometer) from one page to another, this is the main reason of asking this question, so what are the root causes of this error?!

Hello @Anonymous 

When selecting the visual, if you see the hand pointer, you are clicking on the interaction area of the visual and then the copy and paste will not work.  You need to see the arrow pointer when selecting the visual, this means you are selecting the visual object.  Try moving your mouse closer to the edge of the visual or, selecting it through the selection pane.

SelectingVisual.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.