Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy Table to Excel: All Data Crammed in One Column

When I copy this table from my data in Desktop:

Screenshot Copy Table.png

All the data appears in one column in Excel:

Screenshot Paste Table.png

This makes copying the data useless - I need the same columns I had in Power BI. I've successfully copied data from tables before. Is this an issue with the file size? Is there an easy workaround? I've been rebuilding tables in the Report view to export the data, but there should be a better solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is not solved, but I'm circumventing it using the table visual on a page.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a simmilar issue. Even if I try circumvent it using the table visual on a page the selected data is pasted in one column, without delimiter, which make it pretty useless 😞

The strange thing is that it has worked before for me (just like in @Anonymous 's case).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue , please advise? 

I was able to copy table previously .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just discovered that I have the same issue. I was able to copy table before, and now it's not working 😞

Does anyone have any solution?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems there is a limitation in size of the table. I just tried to filter for smaller data sets and in that scenarion copy table works - it actually paste it correctly in excel.

Hope it helps!

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is not solved, but I'm circumventing it using the table visual on a page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but when you paste the data in to excel and it ends up all in one column, you can do Data > Text to Columns > then pick Delimited > and select Tab as the delimiter.  It will put all of the columns from your PowerBI table into separate columns in the excel file.  You don't see the tabs when you paste, but they are there.  Please mark this as a solution if it works for you! 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Couldn't reproduce your issue. Copy table works well on my side. Just select the first cell on the left-top of excel sheet and paste the table.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.