Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Copy Table' function does not seem to work in October Release

Been trying this for a few days now and i'm thinking its a bug in the present release.  I often use the copy table function to do some quick data audits via Excel.  Ever since installing 2.51.4885.543 64-bit (October 2017) this function has stopped working.

Presently if I select 'Copy Table',  then the "Working On It" message appears as normal.  When this message disappears, my clipboard is unchanged.  If i paste in Excel, whatever was previously in my clipboard is still there.

4 REPLIES 4
barry_bilewitz
Regular Visitor

A work-around (which I've just used) is to create a table on a report page and export the table to a CSV file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-sihou-msft

Yes you are right @barry_bilewitz, although it truncates large datasets. So far i've been lucky and that hasn't gotten too much in the way of what i've been doing.

Hi @Anonymous and @v-sihou-msft,

In addition to not being able to copy a table.....

I'm not sure if it is related, but when trying to select tables in the query editor, it appears that a single click on a table on the left hand menu window activates a "drag" function. Even though the left mouse button is not held, the selected table then sticks with the mouse pointer and is dragged across the screen wherever the mouse goes.  The only way to release the table is to return the mouse pointer to the original position and click the mouse again to release the table.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this in the Oct17 release query editor ?

Is there any update on the original bug fix from 10-10?

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

This issue has been reported internally. It's fixing.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors