Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danning1234
Helper I
Helper I

Copy Report level measures to Dataset

Hi,

A report is built with live connection to a dataset. In this report, user can create Report level measures.

How can we easily copy these measures from the report to the dataset via Tabular Editor? Or by other ways?

Copy the measures one by one from one side to another will be really painful.

I know that, we can easily copy and paste all/selected measures from one dataset to another via Tabular Editor. But i can not use the same methode when the report is on Live connect.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@danning1234 I have recently done this using TE, use export and import TSV in advanced scripting. Details are here 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

I can not even open the Tabular Editor within a Live Connected report. It shows an error message like below.

danning1234_0-1608327409197.png

Would you please share some details on how you export the measures from the report and then import them to the original datset?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors