Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy Paste Row-level security between PIBX

Hi guys,

As said in the title, I would like to copy paste the RLS done in the PIBX A to the PIBX B.

I have done much research on google and I found out a solution using the template but these 2 PIBX has been developed so I can not generate a template from A to start the development of B

I tried the Tabular Editor integrated in Power BI as External Tool too but when I do copy paste, it says that the Role TEST1_PRIX5 (from PIBX A to copy) points to the table which doesn't exist. The table 'Feuil1' exists in both PIBX

Capture.PNG

I found this one here https://exceleratorbi.com.au/copy-measures-between-2-power-bi-files/. It shows how to copy paste measures and I try to do the same with RLS.  The first step is to stick the option :    "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format". I don't have this option in my PWBI Desktop, do you think the problem is here ?

Thank you in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Starting from September 2020 Update (2.85.284.0)  of power bi desktop ,Enhanced Dataset Metadata is now generally available,and is no longer a preview feature.

With the release of the enhanced dataset metadata feature, many of these limitations are removed. PBIX files are automatically upgraded to enhanced metadata upon opening the file. With enhanced dataset metadata, metadata created by Power BI Desktop uses a format similar to what is used for Analysis Services tabular models, based on the Tabular Object Model.

You can try to follow your posted blog to copy paste measures.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Starting from September 2020 Update (2.85.284.0)  of power bi desktop ,Enhanced Dataset Metadata is now generally available,and is no longer a preview feature.

With the release of the enhanced dataset metadata feature, many of these limitations are removed. PBIX files are automatically upgraded to enhanced metadata upon opening the file. With enhanced dataset metadata, metadata created by Power BI Desktop uses a format similar to what is used for Analysis Services tabular models, based on the Tabular Object Model.

You can try to follow your posted blog to copy paste measures.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.