Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidB023
Helper III
Helper III

Copy Column on a new table (with date)

Hi everybody !

I just need to copy a column from a table to another and my value are source of date like I show you in the following picture :

I try related or Summarize but nothing worked...

first tablefirst table

second tablesecond table

I want the column of my first table on my second table ..

Best regards

Davidb023

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

it seems you are creating measure. Creat new column then only column suggestions would appear in your syntax.

see screenshot of measure where suggestion didn't appear. measure.png

and when i created column then suggestion appeared column.png

View solution in original post

I success to create new column with data from other table, I have created a relation between the two tables (with date column) and after that column from the other table appear in RELATED(). Thanks !

Best regards

DavidB023

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ask4atish
Advocate III
Advocate III

This can be achieved using related. First of all check whether date field is date type or not. If it is date type then create a new custom column=related(column which you want) and done. now create a table visual using your previous fields along with this newly created column. Make sure you have checked "show items with no data" if you want to show the same. see screenshot attachedrelated.png

@ask4atish

I already try to use function Related(column) but I can't choose a column from an another table, just column which are on the first table..

it seems you are creating measure. Creat new column then only column suggestions would appear in your syntax.

see screenshot of measure where suggestion didn't appear. measure.png

and when i created column then suggestion appeared column.png

I success to create new column with data from other table, I have created a relation between the two tables (with date column) and after that column from the other table appear in RELATED(). Thanks !

Best regards

DavidB023

Yeah. I forgot to mention that two tables should be linked with each other.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.