Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deanbland
Helper III
Helper III

Converting type Text to Date - 08 March 2021

Hi, 

I am trying to convert "08 March 2021" to type Date but everytime I do the data turns to an error. 

My understanding was that if the Month is paired with a year PBI could recognise this as a date and convert? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Screenshot 2021-05-18 203223.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anomoyes
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

I have the calculated column of date which is in text format, means date column when calculated is in text date format and in eng uk language, I'm not able to convert it into date format of mmddyyyy as tried all formula it's not working, please can any one suggest. As it is calculated column I'm not able to get into power query as well... Please help 

CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Screenshot 2021-05-18 203223.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@deanbland - I'm not sure what you're doing differently than what happened for me. Power Query was able to update the text to Date and even if I removed the 'Changed Type', Power BI still was able to convert to Date.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.