Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting to PDF

Hello everyone,

I have encounterd an issue when I convert my report to a PDF report. I have inserted an image that I would like to have as a front page. However, after I import it and convert to a PDF the image is not "filling" out the entire page. Does anyone know how to make the picture fill out the total page?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Oscarexample.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good afternoon community, I have tried to convert my report from Power Bi to Pdf and no longer lets me not perform any action or any window appears, do you know why this can happen? I have the version updated to November 2021,

Thank you!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

One question here, when you are inserting image in Power BI report, what scaling are you using on the image?

NORMAL, FIT or FILL?

Try using FIT on the image scaling, and position your image in such a way that it covers the whole page. Then try exporting it to PDF, it should cover your whole page.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I have tried with both fill and fit and it still generates the same result. I tried putting the image as a wallpaper but when I print it it just shows the normal white background. Any other ideas?

Best Regards

Oscarexample 2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

I just tried putting a picture as Image in Power BI with FIT scaling and made the image cover the whole tab (page area) in Power BI.

Then generated a PDF for it and tried to print it. Looks like I get a complete image while printing.

pdf1.png

Not sure why this is happening at your end.

Are you on latest POwer BI version? I am on May 2020 update.

Try updating Power BI and recreating your image tab in Power BI. See if this resolves your issue.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

I laborated a bit with just changing the background to all black and I receive this result. When I use the export to PDF file it seems the function is taking more then just the "work space" area. Is there any form of setting I need to change in the export function so it only takes the black area? That seems to be the same issue whenever i input a image as well, the image is put to "fit" but when I export as PDF it takes a larger area then the work space area.

example 3.PNGexample 4.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you try doing following setting on your pdf generated and then print:

pfd2.png

If this doesn't help, then this looks like a PDF default setting that whenever you are exporting to pdf, it shows the white boundary by default to say it' a page.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Make scaling as fill

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.