Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting several columns using a unit set

Hello,

I've got several columns that need to be converted using units. For example, I've got a lot of columns with data in meters, but I want to have feet. Also, I've got a lot of columns with tasks duration in a decimal number that must be multiplied by 24 to represent hours.

I would like to have a constant multiplier / conversion factor for each unit type (distance, duration, etc.) and apply it to several columns at once when preparing the data.

Anybody comes with another idea rather than copy&paste the function for each column? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

You should create calculated columns and you will achieve what you want.

Refer this link to know more.

Prateek Raina

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

You should create calculated columns and you will achieve what you want.

Refer this link to know more.

Prateek Raina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @prateekraina,

I already explored this possibility and I'll still require a lot of work, since I've got +100 columns that need some kind of conversion.

I think I'm looking for a way to "categorize" the columns that doesn't exist yet... It'll be great to be able to create "unit sets" that you can use to automatically convert currencies, measurements, etc...

You are right. That feature is not currently available out of the box.

You need to convert them manually as of now.

Prateek Raina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly it looks like manually process is the only solution so far... Thank you for your help! I've marked your first post as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.