Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScrubberKing
Helper I
Helper I

Converting a JSON list of lists into a table

Howdy,

A data service I work with was supposed to solve all my problems with their PowerBI connector but when I use it I am unable to create a scheduled refresh on my reports. Therefore, they suggested I load their data in as a JSON and then it should be able to refresh. However, I am not technically savvy enough to figure out how to convert this List of Lists into a usable table using methods in other forum posts.

What I am seeing

Listolists.PNG 

The very first list contains the column headings and each other list contains the row contents. How do I parse this out to something usable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScrubberKing,

You can convert that list to Table, Click on Into table, then start expanding the value till you find all the records.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScrubberKing,

You can convert that list to Table, Click on Into table, then start expanding the value till you find all the records.

Thanks,

Amit

Hey Amit, thanks for your response. I got it to work Man Happy

Still didn't solve my scheduled refresh problem but I got JSON to work at least!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScrubberKing,

Can you tell me how you want to schedule your reports?

In general, You can go to dataset in Power BI service , select the workspace then select Schedule refresh or schedule now for any datasets.

2019-02-15 01_36_29-Power BI.png

Thanks,
Amit

Hey @Anonymous ,

I am workign with a service which is taking my Social Media data and converting the networks API into a weblink that can be handeled by PowerBI. However, when using that weblink as a datasource, I am unable to set scheduled refreshes:

image.png

When I reached out to the service for support they indicated that by processing the data as JSON instead of their PowerBI specific link should solve the issue... but it did not. Next thing to try is setting up a gateway but its strange because I didn't think I needed a gateway for data from the web.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScrubberKing ,

As I know, If you are using web link, in some cases you need a gateway to be installed. You can check click here for more details for similar issues.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Why-is-an-on-prem-gateway-necessary-for...

Also, for configuring the gateway you can go through this article.
http://radacad.com/the-power-bi-gateway-all-you-need-to-know

Thanks,
Amit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors