Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rachelbabcock
Helper I
Helper I

Converting Tableau Fixed LOD to Power BI

Hello,

I am struggling to convert a series of Tableau Fixed LOD's in my Power BI report. I have read just about every post on this matter that is currently on the discussion board and have not been able to figure out an answer. If I can figure at least this one out, I think I can figure out the rest. 

The Tableau LOD reads as follows: 

Projected Over Under = { FIXED [Project Name],[accountcode],[projectedoverunder]: AVG([projectedoverunder])}

I've tried the following, which you'll see in the table below:

1) Creating a calculated column using the following formula: 

Projected Budget Over/Under = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Query1[projectedoverunder]), ALLEXCEPT(Query1, Query1[name], Query1[accountcode], Query1[projectedoverunder])). This simply provides the same value as the original field, "projectedoverunder" (also included in the table for reference.) **I've tried this same formula but using ALLEXCEPT for each field -- name, account code, and projected over under and get the exact same resutls**

2) Taken a similar approach using measures. I created the following: 
Projected Budget Over/Under 3 = CALCULATE(([Projected Budget Over/Under2]), ALLEXCEPT(Query1, Query1[name]), ALLEXCEPT(Query1, Query1[accountcode]), ALLEXCEPT(Query1, Query1[projectedoverunder])). This gives me the same value across the table. 

Projected Budget Over/Under 2 measure, referenced above, is: 
Projected Budget Over/Under2 = AVERAGE(Query1[projectedoverunder])

I cannot seem to get the correct results to display. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. 

What the results should be *note that some are correct; others are not. I'm guessing that the ones that are incorrect have to do with the way that average is occuring based on the other fields*
FacilityProjected Budget Over/Under
Facility 1-52
Facility 2-450,000
Facility 3-874, 373
Facility 4-1,500,000
Facility 5-1,608,053

How the results display:
FacilityProjected Budget Over/Under 3Projected Budget Over/Underprojectedoverunder *original field from dataset*
Facility 1-125,577.19-412-412
Facility 2-125,577.19-450,000-450,000
Facility 3-125,577.19-5,186,480-5,186,480
Facility 4-125,577.19-1,500,000-1,500,000
Facility 5-125,577.19-55,850,173-55,850,173

Thank you in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rachelbabcock 

Not quite understand your requirement, could you plz kindly share your original sample and expected results?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.