Accepted Solution

Converting Binary to hex value or numeric value

Hi,

I have Hex Value showing up as a Binary content in PBI desktop (ConversationIndex in MSExchange Attribute object)

On expanding this Binary column, I get to see some Unicode characters and not exactly numeric/ hexadecimal values.

Is there a way I can convert the Binary content to Hex or interger/ numeric value?

Thanks,

Mannu

Mannu

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: Converting Binary to hex value or numeric value

[ Edited ]

Hi @mannu,

Maybe they aren't hex value or numeric value. You just need a custom column like this.

Binary.ToText([Attributes.ConversationIndex])

Converting_Binary_to_hex_value_or_numeric_value

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Hi @mannu,

Please refer to the solution here. You can also try out the demo here.

=List.Accumulate(Text.ToList([ToText]), 0, (state, current)=> state*2 + Number.From(current))

converting_binary_to_hex

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft,
Thank you for the solution Dale. While I can see that the code seems to work for you,
I m unable to get this working with Binary content related with ConversationIndex from MS Exchange data source (MS Exchange -> Mail --> Attributes (expand) and select ConversationIndex.

I see some Unicode characters and nothing else. Unfortunately, I cannot share the PBIX.
Mannu
Community Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hi @mannu,

Maybe they aren't hex value or numeric value. You just need a custom column like this.

Binary.ToText([Attributes.ConversationIndex])

Converting_Binary_to_hex_value_or_numeric_value

Best Regards,

Dale

@mannu did find a solution? i have same problem....Active Directory objectGUID field is showing is Binary and when i convert it using Binary.ToText..it does not give me original GUID value

Frequent Visitor

Guid.From(Binary.ToText([Binary],1))

Highlighted

@flynt1938 i tried this,,,its converting to same format..but thevalue does not match the original value