cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mannu Member

Converting Binary to hex value or numeric value

Hi,

I have Hex Value showing up as a Binary content in PBI desktop (ConversationIndex in MSExchange Attribute object)

On expanding this Binary column, I get to see some Unicode characters and not exactly numeric/ hexadecimal values.

Is there a way I can convert the Binary content to Hex or interger/ numeric value?

Thanks,

Mannu

Mannu
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Converting Binary to hex value or numeric value

Hi @mannu,

Maybe they aren't hex value or numeric value. You just need a custom column like this.

Binary.ToText([Attributes.ConversationIndex])

Converting_Binary_to_hex_value_or_numeric_value

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mannu,

Please refer to the solution here. You can also try out the demo here.

=List.Accumulate(Text.ToList([ToText]), 0, (state, current)=> state*2 + Number.From(current))

converting_binary_to_hex

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mannu Member

@v-jiascu-msft,
Thank you for the solution Dale. While I can see that the code seems to work for you,
I m unable to get this working with Binary content related with ConversationIndex from MS Exchange data source (MS Exchange -> Mail --> Attributes (expand) and select ConversationIndex.

I see some Unicode characters and nothing else. Unfortunately, I cannot share the PBIX.
Mannu
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mannu,

Maybe they aren't hex value or numeric value. You just need a custom column like this.

Binary.ToText([Attributes.ConversationIndex])

Converting_Binary_to_hex_value_or_numeric_value

Best Regards,

Dale

@mannu did find a solution? i have same problem....Active Directory objectGUID field is showing is Binary and when i convert it using Binary.ToText..it does not give me original GUID value

flynt1938 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Guid.From(Binary.ToText([Binary],1))

Highlighted

@flynt1938 i tried this,,,its converting to same format..but thevalue does not match the original value