Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Convert to Decimals Number auto , even in excel not appear decimlals

hi all , plesee notice on column Q I highlight 

in excel I extracted from system . It doesn't show me the decimals , once I move my causer to on it . It is appear to have decimals 0.0416666 on it. 
ehen import into BI , the decimals are all lost. 
I lost around 1000 volume in 1 outlet. 
I have 300 excel files in hand which causing the same. 
Donu have any idea how to let BI know that this is the decimals even in excel show 0 decimals ? 

image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanleakna123 you can try changing the script from advance editor in power query

For your case  you need to change the datasource to Type number highlighted in yellow
decimal issue2.PNG

Hope it resolves your issue? Please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous  @Anonymous , the column is set as "custom" 

and this is original extracted from system. If I make change on this to number , I may need to change to another a hundred file . Which is taking time. Do u have any idea on this ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanleakna123 you can try changing the script from advance editor in power query

For your case  you need to change the datasource to Type number highlighted in yellow
decimal issue2.PNG

Hope it resolves your issue? Please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous @Anonymous  All doesn't work . Seems like it show me 0.00000

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanleakna123 This happens when there is no proper formating of datatype applied in Excel ...Seems like the row "Q" has datatype "Numbers" which is why the decimal part is shown only in formula bar not in cell....

To make this work in power bi please change the field settings

decimal issue.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanleakna123 - In power Bi after loading the data , you can set up the decimal places aftre going to Column Tools tab and then set the decimal places as highlighted below-

NikhilKumar_0-1605111560655.png

Hi , I tried , it doesn't work . It appear 0.00000 

sth like this. Which is losing the real decimals number in excel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.