Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Convert seconds into hours and their format

I have a graph that presents the phrases in internal numbers, these values are in seconds and I need to convert this number in hours and present these values in the graph in the format of hh: mm: ss.

It is possible?

Follows the graph and the measurement:

TotalOrganizational Failures = CALCULATE (SUM (IndicatorValue [Value]); Indicator [Name] = "Organizational Failures")

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vitexo87,

To convert the second to hours, you only need to divide it by 3600.

TotalOrganizational Failures = CALCULATE (SUM (IndicatorValue [Value]); Indicator [Name] = "Organizational Failures")/3600

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it easily with M script duration function

Please go to the below link. New custom column can be created using M script. 

https://www.powerbitalks.com/2019/12/convert-seconds-to-hhmmss-format.html

Step by Step solution has been provided.

Kaushlendra Mishra 

www.powerbitalks.com

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vitexo87,

We are able to convert seconds into hours with format "hh:mm:ss".

hh:mm:ss = 
RIGHT ( "0" & INT ( Table[seconds] / 3600 ), 2 )
    & ":"
    & RIGHT (
        "0"
            & INT ( ( Table[seconds] - INT (Table[seconds] / 3600 ) * 3600 ) / 60 ),
    )
    & ":"
    & RIGHT ( "0" & MOD (Table[seconds], 3600 ), 2 )

But after formatting, values will be set to text data type. It is not possible to show actual values of text data in a bar chart, because it will be aggregated (Count/Count Distinct) automatically if adding it into values section in a chart visual.

So, your requirement cannot be achieved currently.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

In this case I will then display the value in hours not displaying the format "hh: mm: ss", using the measure that I am already using what change should I make for it?

TotalOrganizational Failures = CALCULATE (SUM (IndicatorValue [Value]); Indicator [Name] = "Organizational Failures")

Hi @vitexo87,

To convert the second to hours, you only need to divide it by 3600.

TotalOrganizational Failures = CALCULATE (SUM (IndicatorValue [Value]); Indicator [Name] = "Organizational Failures")/3600

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.