Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mike22
Helper III
Helper III

Convert measure for the same calculation for the previous year.

Hello Friends, 
I have the measure below to calculate YTD number of trips based on the filter "submission date" if there are multiple selection the calculation will be done on the current year. If one selection only it will take the year selected. "Submission date" is a slicer on the page.
As this is a KPI i would like to have another measure doing the same exact calculation but for the year before to have the comparison. If many years selected in "submission date" it should calculate for the current year -1 if a year is selected it should be done for the selected year -1. 
Of course the slicer filters out the data so I would need to use the ALL. Just not sure how to. 
Thanks in adance for the help!

YTD #Trips =
var manyyear= TOTALYTD(DISTINCTCOUNT(Travel_Details_All[Trip Number]),Travel_Details_All[Trip Start Date],Travel_Details_All[Trip Start Date]<TODAY())

var oneyear= CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Travel_Details_All[Trip Number]),DATESBETWEEN(Travel_Details_All[Trip Start Date].[Date],STARTOFYEAR(Travel_Details_All[Trip Start Date]),ENDOFYEAR(Travel_Details_All[Trip Start Date])))
return

IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Travel_Details_All[Submission Date].[Year],0)=0,manyyear,oneyear)
2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike22

The key point here should be a slicer table without relating to the fact table. Then we can create a measure like this to the excepted KPI.

Measure =
VAR this_year =
    YEAR ( TODAY () ) - 1
VAR countr =
    COUNTROWS ( Slicer )
VAR sele =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Slicer[Submission date] ) - 1
RETURN
    IF (
        countr = 1,
        CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[value] ), FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = sele ) ),
        IF (
            countr > 1,
            CALCULATE (
                SUM ( 'Table'[value] ),
                FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Year] = this_year )
            )
        )
    )

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

HI @v-frfei-msft 

Thank you for the quick reply. Just a few clarifications please. 

VAR countr =
    COUNTROWS ( Slicer )

What is slicer supposed to be? The current slicer is currently derived from the travel submission date. 

Let me just show you how the data is structured

trip numbertrip start datetrip end datesubmission date
101/02/201905/02/201925/01/2019
206/06/201808/06/201804/05/2018
308/08/201811/08/201830/07/2018
406/09/201718/09/201708/08/2017

If submission year selected is 2018 the count for 2018 will be 2 (this is in the measure I shared with you). I need a measure that will calculate 2017 when 2018 is selected. If 2018 and 2017 are selected it will count 2018 as it is current year (2019)-1. 

The count is done based on the "trip start date column" not the submission date. So if a trip is submitted in 2018 and start date in 2019 it will count against the 2019 data. 

Hope this helps and thanks again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.