Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pasno
Helper II
Helper II

Convert data from multiple rows to one

Hello guys,

I need to post this specific question to you to have some suggestions please.

I have my source data (a stream of info about shipment tracking) formatted with multiple rows for each unique shipment (i.e. first row event shipment ready with its date, second picket up, third delivered).

To hadle in an easy way, I thought that I should collect all the info of each shipment in one row so I can check which one has been delivered, in how many days etc.

So I imported data, duplicated the table and delete non unique ID, and then collect all the date for each event/shipment (it works only with many to many relation).

Attached the PowerBI file with all this paths.

https://we.tl/t-Sv3rb3ZEHo 

Do you have any better way to do that?

Thank you very much experts!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I did not check the file yet. But can Unpivot help

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

Hi @amitchandak thank you for your answer.

I tried the Pivot function ad in the sample dataset works correctly but in my dataset i always get an error and it doesn't work:

DataFormat.Error: Non è stato possibile eseguire la conversione in Number.
Dettagli:
    4625689281+4625684906

I don't understand the reason, my real dataset has exactly the same structure (except for more other columns, but not relevant in this case).

Do you have any idea please?

Thank you for your time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.