Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sgannon1
Frequent Visitor

Convert currency

I am using sql as my source data, and running reports for both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. The data for each region is in separate tables. Is there a way I can convert the currency in the Northern Ireland tables to EURO before building my visualisations, so everything can be reported in single currency?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

3 REPLIES 3
MrPowerBIPro
Helper II
Helper II

For currency conversion, I build a Slicer for change the currency. Then I wrote a formula to change the curreny: 

For example suppose defualt currecy is Euro: 

Euro_rate1= 1.05* US Dollar

Euro_rate2 =3378 * Irianian Rial (IRR)

IF(VALUES(Currency_Table[CurrencyType])="Dollar",FORMAT(SUM(Sales [Euro])/[Euro_rate1]),"$ #,##0.00;($ #,##0.00)") ,IF(VALUES(Currency_Table[CurrencyType])="IRR",FORMAT(SUM(Incentive_Table[Euro])/[Euro_rate2]),"€ #,##0.00;(€ #,##0.00)"),FORMAT(SUM(Incentive_Table[Euro])/1),"IRR #,##0.00;(IRR #,##0.00)")))

Means:

IF Currency Type="Dollar" Then Sales based on Euro/Euro_rate1

IF Currency Type="IRR" Then Sales based on Euro/Euro_rate2

Then format them.

Did you get it ?

I hope it is helpful.

Regards

Mostafa

Enemy of can't
www.mrpowerbi.pro
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

When you bring your data in could you not create a new column and then multiply the £ by todays € rate, I find Oanda.com good.

I'm not sure of a current way that the conversion rate could automatically update itself.

If you want to keep the conversion rate updated in every refresh, you can get that rate from a Web Page query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.