Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djrome13
Frequent Visitor

Convert Sales period to a date?

Good afternoon!

I am new to the forums (and Power BI), but have lurked for a bit. Thank you all for the vast info here!

I have a Sales/Recruiting period that I need to convert to a static date. For example, we have Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, etc..

What I would like to do is have the Quarter get associated with a static date (every Winter = January 10th), then append the year from the quarter to the end, leaving each Quarter with a usable date field like 1/10/2017 in order to utilize date driven charts/graphs. Is this something that would be easy to do?

Thanks in advance for any/all input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe I just figured it out. I associated each of the Terms with a date in a Conditional Column, then appended the fiscal year to the end using [field name]&'/'&[year]. Then I Used the Sort By to sort the Term column by the Term Date. This seems to have worked for what I needed.

Thank you for your reply!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hasan
Resolver I
Resolver I

HI,

i think you can use the replace values function in Query EditorCapture.PNG 1017.PNG

I believe I just figured it out. I associated each of the Terms with a date in a Conditional Column, then appended the fiscal year to the end using [field name]&'/'&[year]. Then I Used the Sort By to sort the Term column by the Term Date. This seems to have worked for what I needed.

Thank you for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.