Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brent_green

Convert MicroStrategy to Power BI

Hi

Is anyone aware of a conversion tool that could help with the move from Microstretegy to Power BI?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response.  I was hoping to avoid manual recreation. Clearly there isn't a need, and must be easily done.

Brent

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sandralynn
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for questioning this even i too looking for this, helped me a lot.

SandraLynn

You can avoid recreating to some extent in Power BI by

- dumping MSTR reports into a DataMart table that can be exposed to Power BI. ( look for datamart reports in MSTR)

- leverage Power BI MSTR connector ( available in Beta) that can run MSTR report as a dataset  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hbV5DRcHg  

Thanks

Ranjan

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@brent_green wrote:

Hi

Is anyone aware of a conversion tool that could help with the move from Microstretegy to Power BI?  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brent

@brent_green

There's no such tool do convert/migrate reports to Power BI from Microstretegy. However I think the datasources are common, you can connect to the same datasource and re-create reports in Power BI.

Thanks for the response.  I was hoping to avoid manual recreation. Clearly there isn't a need, and must be easily done.

Brent

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.