Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Parihar1980
Helper II
Helper II

Convert Integer values into years in DAX (Tabular Model)

Hello 

I want to convert my interger column values into years using DAX fuincation in my tabular model . Please help me to do this.

Date1                       Date2                       Diff (In Days)            Expected Output 

01-01-2017              01-01-2016              365                           1

01-01-2017              01-01-2014              1096                         3

01-01-2017              31-12-2010              1097                         3.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Parihar1980

You should create two calculated columns (YEAR) & second column with a SWITCH() function that corresponds to the Year such as if it is 2016, then 365 days etc..

Then simply divide the days column with a second column.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Parihar1980

You should create two calculated columns (YEAR) & second column with a SWITCH() function that corresponds to the Year such as if it is 2016, then 365 days etc..

Then simply divide the days column with a second column.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks Bhavesh for your suggestion. I am also looking for Where condition in the DAX expression 

Select name , id from table where id=2  how to write it in DAX

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.