Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rfrikha1992
Helper I
Helper I

Convert Date int into a date format

Greeting lovely members 

i have a column in my table where the date column looks like this : 20210101 , 20210102 , 20210103 etc..... 

is there a way i cant convert it to date format in Power Query ? thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Rfrikha1992 , Go to Power Query --> Select that Date column --> Go to Transform Menu --> Change Data Type to "Date".

Attaching screen shot for your reference.

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, and Sales Analysis Report

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Rfrikha1992 , Go to Power Query --> Select that Date column --> Go to Transform Menu --> Change Data Type to "Date".

Attaching screen shot for your reference.

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, and Sales Analysis Report

View solution in original post

Thanks ,  i have done the same thing at the begening but it didnt work ! 

when the column is type "Any" you cant apply the date format on it .

had to change it to text first than apply the date format , Thanks ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.