Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

po
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Controlling interaction between visuals and filter pane (page)

Hi,

We have one chart which shows a measure by last 10 weeks and don't want this partiuclar chart on page to be affacted by a a year week selection  in the filters pane.

If we have the yearweek as a slicer can stop the chart interacting with this fina such that if choose one week all visuals on page show 1 week but chart contibues to show 10 weeks.

However, if we have the year/wk as a filer in the filter pane below then look to have no control of interaction of filters with visuals on a page wondering if any way 

Like filters as saves us space on actual page intead of using slicer.  Is it possible to control interaction between visuals and the filters in filter pane such that we can switch of interaction of the yearweek filter with the chart visual concerned?

Thanksfilters.png  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @po,

If the column is in a visual and it's in the Page Level Filter, I'm afraid you can't clear its effect. We suppose the Page Level Filter can work on the page but it doesn't. That would be a little strange. Maybe you can use a slicer and edit the interaction as a workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to edit interactions from the filter pane and it seems to be it's not possible.

You can vote this idea that will help us!
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36013585-allow-edit-interactions-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add that I was looking for a solution to this too, so I'm glad to have stumbled upon this from my google search, because now I know that this is not possible.

In other words, you have to use a slicer (which will take up space on the page) to edit interactions. There is no way to edit interactions between filters on the filters pane and visuals on the page.

Also, an upvote from me to implement this functionality in a future version of PowerBI!

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @po,

As you used a measure, you can clear the filter in the measure like below.

Measure = calculate([the parts already exist], all('table'[Year Week]))

One pre-condition is that the chart doesn't have that column.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion - though chart has that measure.

Hi @po,

It isn't a problem if the chart has the measure. What does the chart have, the measure or the column used as a filter?

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for reply

The chart has the measure in the bars and the filter column along x axis

Thanks

Hi @po,

If the column is in a visual and it's in the Page Level Filter, I'm afraid you can't clear its effect. We suppose the Page Level Filter can work on the page but it doesn't. That would be a little strange. Maybe you can use a slicer and edit the interaction as a workaround.

Best Regards,

Thanks for reply.

Yes have used slicer as workaround.

Would be good for power bi in future release to have feature of controlling interactivity between visuals and filters if possible,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Po,

You can use Edit Interactions to achieve this task. Its under FORMAT menu after selecting the control.

Refer below link for more details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Thanks,

Satya

Hi Satya,

Thanks for reply.  This works fine and have used this before for interactions between visuals.

However, having a specific issue trying to control interaction between a visual and the filters on filter pane.

Can this be achieved?

Thanks

Hi,

Were you able to finda solution for the interaction of slicer and filters on filter pane?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.