Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abdullahsallam
Frequent Visitor

Controlling URL Image Size

Hi, I'm suing Power BI to display image gallery. I created a URL column in my table and uploaded the images to a website, then changed the data category of the URL column to Image URL. I reached the result I wanted but the images displayed are so small! They icons rather than images. Although the images I created and uploaded to the website were large wrong. Is there any means to control the image size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Under Format, find Grid and then Image Height. The default height for a table is 75 pixels, and the maximum height is 150 pixels. You could also look into custom visuals such as the Chiclet Slicer or Strippet Browser to see if that might also help meet your need for an image gallery.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had a similar problem; the table/ matrix maximum image height was not big enough for my requirements.

I used a custom visual, Image Viewer, available here:

http://blog.pragmaticworks.com/power-bi-custom-visuals-image-viewer

Cool custom visual. @Anonymous .

But I need my image (Red, amber, green) to show based on a measure w/ an IF statement. I do not wish to manually change it via a slicer.

Okay, you should be able to do this by using the switch function.

Arrow2 =
SWITCH(
TRUE()
    ;[Development]=0
    ;BLANK()
    ;[Development]<0
    ;FIRSTNONBLANK(Table2[Red arrow];1)
    ;[Development]>0
    ;FIRSTNONBLANK(Table2[Green arrow];1)
)
In my Table2 i have links to pictures

Under Format, find Grid and then Image Height. The default height for a table is 75 pixels, and the maximum height is 150 pixels. You could also look into custom visuals such as the Chiclet Slicer or Strippet Browser to see if that might also help meet your need for an image gallery.

hi @deldersveld,

I cannot seem to find the Grid option under the Format dropdown.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

thanks

Image Size.png

Hi, 

i had the same problem, but found the solution.

If you switch your table to be a matrix, then under the format pane you now have the grid option where you can control the image height.

Matrix grid.png

it works really well for me. 

I am also facing the same Issue. I am storing camera photo from Power App to Sql Server table where table column datatype  is 'Image'. But when I try to display image/Photo in Power BI it does not show properly and only one small line appear in report (I have added "data&colon;image/png;base64" before the binory part of the Image in Power BI ).

I also have observed base64 increases the size of the string which exceeds the limitation. But I tried by using SQL compression function also but no luck.

I am suspecting that this issue is due to having size more than its max limit in Power BI. If this is so then how to compress or resize the image to be able to visible in Power BI

Please advise how can this issue be resolved

Mahesh

@MaheshDadhich I am having the same issue you are. Have you been able to figure anything out with this?

ToIl
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue. did you find a solution? if yes could you tell me how

Thanks

How do I do this for an image use 'Card' instead of 'Table' visual? I am using card as the image I want to display is dependent on a slicer. E.g. Select country and country's flag will be displayed

Thanks alot deldersveld Smiley Happy

abdullahsallam
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm suing Power BI to display image gallery. I created a URL column in my table and uploaded the images to a website, then changed the data category of the URL column to Image URL. I reached the result I wanted but the images displayed are so small! They icons rather than images. Although the images I created and uploaded to the website were large wrong. Is there any means to control the image size?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.