Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Controlling URL Image Size

Hi, I'm suing Power BI to display image gallery. I created a URL column in my table and uploaded the images to a website, then changed the data category of the URL column to Image URL. I reached the result I wanted but the images displayed are so small! They icons rather than images. Although the images I created and uploaded to the website were large wrong. Is there any means to control the image size?

Accepted Solutions
Advisor

Re: Controlling URL Image Size

Under Format, find Grid and then Image Height. The default height for a table is 75 pixels, and the maximum height is 150 pixels. You could also look into custom visuals such as the Chiclet Slicer or Strippet Browser to see if that might also help meet your need for an image gallery.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

URL Image Size

Hi, I'm suing Power BI to display image gallery. I created a URL column in my table and uploaded the images to a website, then changed the data category of the URL column to Image URL. I reached the result I wanted but the images displayed are so small! They icons rather than images. Although the images I created and uploaded to the website were large wrong. Is there any means to control the image size?

Advisor

Under Format, find Grid and then Image Height. The default height for a table is 75 pixels, and the maximum height is 150 pixels. You could also look into custom visuals such as the Chiclet Slicer or Strippet Browser to see if that might also help meet your need for an image gallery.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks alot deldersveld Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

How do I do this for an image use 'Card' instead of 'Table' visual? I am using card as the image I want to display is dependent on a slicer. E.g. Select country and country's flag will be displayed

Highlighted

hi @deldersveld,

I cannot seem to find the Grid option under the Format dropdown.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

thanks

Image Size.png

Hi, 

i had the same problem, but found the solution.

If you switch your table to be a matrix, then under the format pane you now have the grid option where you can control the image height.

Matrix grid.png

it works really well for me.