Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Continuous attendance for 7 days

Hi All,

I trying to identify the employees from my employees attendance data where they have report to work for 7 days continously (without getting any leave in between two days) during a period of two weeks?

Can anyone help me with that?

Dilum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dilumd,

I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

I create sample data table.

1.PNG

Right click your table->Edit Query, right click Customer and Attend Date column headers->Ascending, add an index column. Please see the Query statement and result.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTLUN9Q3MjA0V4rVgQkYoQsYIwSc0LU4oWtxwq7FBN1QDAFTdAEzdAFzdAELdFswBCwxnG6AIYLhG0OYd2IB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Customer = _t, #"Attend Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Customer", type text}, {"Attend Date", type date}}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Changed Type",{{"Customer", Order.Ascending}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Sorted Rows", "Index", 1, 1),
    #"Sorted Rows1" = Table.Sort(#"Added Index",{{"Customer", Order.Ascending}, {"Attend Date", Order.Ascending}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Sorted Rows1",{"Index"}),
    #"Added Index1" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Index", 1, 1)
in
    #"Added Index1"

2.PNG

Then create calculated columns using the  formulas.

Ran = RANKX(FILTER(Record1,Record1[Customer]=EARLIER(Record1[Customer])),Record1[Attend Date],,ASC,Dense)

Last-Day = IF(Record1[Attend Date]=CALCULATE(MIN(Record1[Attend Date]),ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer])),BLANK(),LOOKUPVALUE(Record1[Attend Date],Record1[Index],Record1[Index]-1))

Differen between current and last day = IF(ISBLANK(Record1[Last-Day]),1,DATEDIFF(Record1[Last-Day],Record1[Attend Date],DAY))

Running total = CALCULATE(SUM(Record1[Differen between current and last day]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]<=EARLIER(Record1[Ran])))

Finally, if you want to identify from your employees attendance data where they have report to work for 7 days, please use =7 in if function. Otherwise you can identify from your employees more than 7 days, or any x day you want. Please see the following formulas and result shown in screenshot.

Continuous attendance for 7 days = IF(CALCULATE(COUNTA(Record1[Customer]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]=Record1[Running total]))=7,"Yes","No")

Continuous more than 7 days = IF(CALCULATE(COUNTA(Record1[Customer]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]=Record1[Running total]))>=7,"Yes","No")

3.png

If you have other issues, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

I'm sure this can be done using DISTINCTCOUNT of days over 7 day ranges. Can you please share some sample data.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dilumd,

I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

I create sample data table.

1.PNG

Right click your table->Edit Query, right click Customer and Attend Date column headers->Ascending, add an index column. Please see the Query statement and result.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTLUN9Q3MjA0V4rVgQkYoQsYIwSc0LU4oWtxwq7FBN1QDAFTdAEzdAFzdAELdFswBCwxnG6AIYLhG0OYd2IB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Customer = _t, #"Attend Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Customer", type text}, {"Attend Date", type date}}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Changed Type",{{"Customer", Order.Ascending}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Sorted Rows", "Index", 1, 1),
    #"Sorted Rows1" = Table.Sort(#"Added Index",{{"Customer", Order.Ascending}, {"Attend Date", Order.Ascending}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Sorted Rows1",{"Index"}),
    #"Added Index1" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Index", 1, 1)
in
    #"Added Index1"

2.PNG

Then create calculated columns using the  formulas.

Ran = RANKX(FILTER(Record1,Record1[Customer]=EARLIER(Record1[Customer])),Record1[Attend Date],,ASC,Dense)

Last-Day = IF(Record1[Attend Date]=CALCULATE(MIN(Record1[Attend Date]),ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer])),BLANK(),LOOKUPVALUE(Record1[Attend Date],Record1[Index],Record1[Index]-1))

Differen between current and last day = IF(ISBLANK(Record1[Last-Day]),1,DATEDIFF(Record1[Last-Day],Record1[Attend Date],DAY))

Running total = CALCULATE(SUM(Record1[Differen between current and last day]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]<=EARLIER(Record1[Ran])))

Finally, if you want to identify from your employees attendance data where they have report to work for 7 days, please use =7 in if function. Otherwise you can identify from your employees more than 7 days, or any x day you want. Please see the following formulas and result shown in screenshot.

Continuous attendance for 7 days = IF(CALCULATE(COUNTA(Record1[Customer]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]=Record1[Running total]))=7,"Yes","No")

Continuous more than 7 days = IF(CALCULATE(COUNTA(Record1[Customer]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Record1,Record1[Customer]),Record1[Ran]=Record1[Running total]))>=7,"Yes","No")

3.png

If you have other issues, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Sorry for adding this comment for a very old post, above solution worked fine for me until I notice examples like below doesn't capture in my report. example is as follows,

Customer     Date

A9/15/2018
A9/17/2018
A9/18/2018
A9/19/2018
A9/20/2018
A9/21/2018
A9/22/2018
A9/23/2018
A9/25/2018
A9/26/2018
A9/27/2018
A9/28/2018
A9/29/2018

here actually this employee has attendance continuously for 7 days but it doesn't capture.

3.JPG

The problem is due to the condition (filter) where [Ran] should = to [Running total] above. 

Continuous attendance for 7 days = IF(CALCULATE(COUNTA('Attendance Records'[EMP_No]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Attendance Records','Attendance Records'[EMP_No]),'Attendance Records'[Ran]='Attendance Records'[Running total])) =7,"Yes","No")

I couldn’t think of a solution for this, pls help..

Thank you in advance.

Hi Angelia,

Thank you very much for the help 

Spoiler

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.