Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sportynick
Frequent Visitor

Consolidating multiple pbix files into one report

Hi experts,

Have created five pbix files, each created from different underlying datasets, with associated m-code and dax scripts. For each, the final output is a financial report in a standard format (i.e. five reports).

I now need to combine all five reports into one "consolidated report".

How to do this in the most efficient way?

Ideally it should be linked so that once any of the five reports are adjusted, the single consolidated report is automatically updated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
Sportynick
Frequent Visitor

Have read these two posts previously. Aware of but rather not use pin option in Service, want to keep it at Power BI Desktop level, and pinning only solves 1/2 of my issue, as i also need to sum all the numbers in each field to get a consolidated number.

When the other option is done, i.e. copy - paste, for both the visual report and the m-code in "transform" data, i get a significant number of errors appearing on the visual report. Seems that there might be no easy answer and only way is to re-create each field where there is an error. Hoping there is a better way to get a seamless error-proof experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In desktop you can't pin visuals. why don't you go for two pages option?

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar
www.linkedin.com/in/pravin-p-wattamwar

If I resolve your problem Mark it as a solution and give kudos.

Hi Pravin, yes i'm intending to show each of the five financial reports in its own page, and then one page with consolidated numbers. But each of the five are in their own .pbix files now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sportynick 

Load you datasets in report and them create seperate pages for particular requirements.

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar

Yes, seems that is what i need to do now, which is rather tedious as it means recreating many things and risk of inconsistencies in the recreated reports compared to original reports. Hope to see a feature in power bi that allows easy consolidation across multiple .pbix files, especially with reports that have the same row headers (there are multiple people working hence split workload and each one created a .pbix file with a report). Otherwise, it's very tedious for consolidator to do up the combined group report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask users for dashboard...i means you can pin multiple visual from different reports to dashboard.
If users are not agree then you can create the reports again. you can't do much.

Thanks
Pravin
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Sportynick ,

Please refer the below Thread to get the solution:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Combining-separate-PBI-reports-into-a-single-PBIX-file-same...

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try these solutions.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Merging-PowerBI-Files/td-p/7626

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.