Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mageshraja
Frequent Visitor

Consolidating Column with respect to another column Reference

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to consolidated data in one column (Shop Order # - Level 3) wrt to another column (Shop Order # - Level 1) and get data's in one single row as shown in below output.

Can someone help me to get it done in Power BiColumn Consolidation.JPG

Thanks,

Magesh Raja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mageshraja 

Create a column

Column = "/"&CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Table1,Table1[shop order level1]=EARLIER(Table1[shop order level1])),Table1[shop order level3],"/")

8.png9.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mageshraja 

If you need a MEASURE, you can use CONCATENATEX to combine the values

Measure =
CONCATENATEX (
    VALUES ( TableName[Shop Order - Level 3] ),
    [Shop Order - Level 3],
    "/"
)

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

Hi,

Thanks for the response. But solution is not giving the intended result.

When I try it in NEW COLUMN , all the data values in the column (Shop Order # - Level 3) are getting consolidated . Not reffered by the column (Shop Order # - Level 1). 

Hope we need to Refer the column (Shop Order # - Level 1) also into the command. Any suggestions for the same.

Column Consolidation_1.JPG

Hi @mageshraja 

Create a column

Column = "/"&CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Table1,Table1[shop order level1]=EARLIER(Table1[shop order level1])),Table1[shop order level3],"/")

8.png9.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.