Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Murali777
Helper III
Helper III

Consolidate Measures into one Table

Hi All,

I'm having measures table and i want to consolidate all the measures into column in a table like below screenshot.

Kindly any one help me in this situation. 

Murali777_0-1645682843474.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Murali777 ,

You might consider using the SUMMARIZE function to create a new table containing the measures, but this new table cannot change dynamically with user selections on the report.

Not like measures, calculate columns/tables(like your myMeasureTable) are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report(like a Slicer).

Create calculated table.

Table 2 = SUMMARIZE('Table',"Measure",[Measure],"Measure 2",[Measure 2])

vyangliumsft_0-1646021278532.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Murali777 ,

You might consider using the SUMMARIZE function to create a new table containing the measures, but this new table cannot change dynamically with user selections on the report.

Not like measures, calculate columns/tables(like your myMeasureTable) are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report(like a Slicer).

Create calculated table.

Table 2 = SUMMARIZE('Table',"Measure",[Measure],"Measure 2",[Measure 2])

vyangliumsft_0-1646021278532.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Liu Yang.

Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Murali777 ,

To achieve this follow below steps:-

1. Create a table with single column from enter data like below:-

image.png

2. Now Move your measures  to newly created table from home table or from model view or directly create a new measure inside the new measure table.

3. Now hide or delete the column from new table and then save it:- 

Samarth_18_0-1645684753841.png

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Hi Samarath,

Thanks for your time. But the question is, i'm already having the group of measures and i need to form a table with the existing Measures.

e.g) Col1=Measure1, Col2 = Measure 2, Col3= Measure 3.

Like wise i need to form a table by using the existing measure value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.